||[Mar. 11th, 2007|10:41 pm]
- had breakfast with dan_erat at new place "toast" on Church @ 29th-ish. motorcycle = easy parking. good menu. will eat again.
- played with X10 gear that I found in a bin. verified it still works, can control it, & outlets I want to control are all on speaking circuit. once I verified that, bought a Universal Module to close the circuit to the garage door, so I can open the garage door from my cellphone.
- rode motorcycle all around Glen Canyon park, several times. and all over Noe Valley, and to Dolores Park twice
- Russian vocab -- been typing in all the Russian/English vocab pairs from my textbook into a file for my vocab quizzing program (which I've used for years and is currently console-based, and I need to update to be web-based... probably will just rewrite it to keep its per-word/phrase stats/state in MySQL and stuff...). anyway, Russian typing speed is much improved... and don't need to look at keys anymore.
- had a beer and laid in Dolores Park while listening to conversations and people-watching and enjoying the ridiculously awesome weather
- gave NetFlix a bunch more data, rating movies I've seen, and adding crap to my queue.
- played with audio distribution stuff -- looking like mpd + clients will play a big role. then probably having that inject into PulseAudio, and PulseAudio sync send audio UDP packets to all SlimPlayer devices? then "plugin an iPod" is easy too: just make a pipeline that's Line-In into audio device that PulseAudio's default output. we'll see. but I'm digging mpd. ALSA and I are still enemies.