|Wherein Brad does ~20/30(?) mile ride around city
||[Mar. 18th, 2007|07:02 pm]
Observations from long ride all over the city in the extreme fog & wind:
My route was:
- Heated hand grips are a lifesaver! Holy crap they're nice.
- San Francisco is awesome. So pretty.
- Wind is crazy. Damn. Felt like I was being pushed all over. Loved it.
- Oh, condensation... that's what that is! You gotta wipe off your visor sometimes when it's all windy and foggy driving up & down the coast.
- A 6th gear would be nice. I frequently found myself shifting into non-existent 6th gear.
- Don't pull into a scenic rest area parking spot, facing downhill. Damn. Almost didn't make the turn back out. Would've been embarassing to ask adjacent car to back out so I could leave.
- Diamond Heights,
- the park,
- beach, Cliff House, the baths, back down to Cliff House,
- Great Highway (or whatever), down the coast...
- San Mateo county line...
- 280 back to San Jose avenue.