|Evening in review
||[Mar. 29th, 2001|01:36 am]
Before I go to bed, a quick update:
- Blythe came over and wanted to keep watching Pretty Woman, which she was half-way through at her house. I used to watch that movie all the time... good stuff.
- Went to dinner at Red Robin with Blythe and at0m.
- Rearrange/clean room --- I know I talk about cleaning my room a lot, but usually I just talk about doing it and never do. Today I cleaned, rearranged, threw away, organized... I have tons of free space now. Totally cool, EXCEPT:
- I dropped a shotglass and it shattered all over my floor. Took quite awhile to pick up all the shards, and I'm still stepping on them.
- While vacuuming, I shocked and killed one of my 19" monitors I'm guessing with static electricity (which my room seems to generate oh-so-easily). I printed out the RMA request form and faxed it in already. Hopefully I'll get the confirmation tomorrow and ship it out. Shipping is $80 or so (I know that from shipping back my other defective ADI 6P monitor.... frickin' huge footprint and heavy). Annoying. So, no more Windows for awhile. Oh well. Mozilla totally rocks lately, anyway. I only used Windows for IE and Outlook Express anyway.
- Found a ton of things back that I was missing, as a result of cleaning my room:
- 1 cent stamps
- Box of printer paper
- subway stamps
- receipts I needed
- .. and so much more!
- Got tired, brushed my teeth, and wrote an LJ entry with a lot of bold text. Hoo-haw!
I do believe the proper term is HOO-HAH!, or, are your discretion, HOO SMURF HAH!
2001-03-29 02:15 am (UTC)
My room's am absolute mess.. I'm the same way, keep telling myself "oh I'll clean it tomorrow.." while plates and glasses pile up on the floor next to my desk. dirty and clean clothes are thrown everywhere (however, the clean clothes are folded!) and there's little to no floorspace.
I've decided to throw my bed away (old, old mattress and box spring) and primarily use the futon. Doing this would give me lots of room in front of the tv for my video game consoles and such, since right now my bed is pushed all the way up to the entertainment center. At the head of my bed is the back of my desk, so I can sit at the desk and watch TV without looking to the side or behind me, like I used to have to do. My friend Jeff
gave me this idea and calls it the "Spacepod configuration."
Oh and Pretty Woman.. uhh I saw that movie years ago. I dunno, it's Julia Robers playing a whore.
woo. whores. ;)
What's a subway stamp?
Get a 19" flat-screen, that'll give you more room and fix that whole 'huge footprint and heavy' thing. ;)
(And yeah, Mozilla's getting pretty sweet. 0.8.1 has been rock-solid for me, which is cool in a sort of shocking way. I don't think it's crashed once yet.)
How did the vacuuming shock your monitor? My monitor from work recently just died and the guy who was checking it for me said, "V-sync is toast".
I'm hardware stupid, don't mind me.
And damn you for mentioning Red Robin, gosh I love that place, I love their fries, and now I'm all hungry for it. Ooooh and Pretty Woman, I know that movie pretty well, I can recite whole sections.
My roomie in college and I used to watch it and say the lines. One of our favorites was, "Work it, work it ... own it."
only you could use the phrase "I have tons of free space" after cleaning your bedroom.