||[Aug. 3rd, 2001|02:59 am]
* spent 90% of day working on LJ servers. i hate that crap.|
* bored and depressed most the day. at one point I just sat on my futon and spun a power cable in front of me for a half hour.
* chuck drove his car over to 5251 (old house) so I could pick up my old wardrobe (closet structure) now that my subletter is gone (i didn't need it before, but now that I'm in the pseudo room, I have no real closet)
* dana gave me a hug. hugs are nice.
* went and saw planet of the apes with a bunch of people. most interesting: scott went. getting scott to leave the house is always difficult... i think i've done it 4 times total. 2 of them were in the last 2 days, though, which is what's most impressive.
* movie was good.
* assembled wardrobe.
* cleaned room
life feels in order again, kinda. it's 3am, though. i have to learn a whole bunch of cisco stuff before 8pm tomorrow. and i have to setup the redirector machine. arrrgh. so much to do.
Funny: networking guy at InterNAP was talking to me the other day... starts talking about HSRP or something. Turns out it's some Cisco failover protocol. Like I'd know that. I say that I don't really know networking. (which is a bit of a lie... I know quite a bit, but I'm by no means an expert). The guy goes, "Umm... is there somebody else I can talk to?" Yeah, uh-huh... one sec. Let me transfer you to our network guru department here at LJ. "Nope, not really... just me", I say. In the end I figured out what was up.
I like learning new things, though.
Um, yeah. I should sleep? *sigh*