||[Sep. 11th, 2001|08:41 am]
Everybody started calling me this morning when all the shit started going down. Fucked up!
Need to shower and get back to the news.
- the media sucks. I learned more from people's journals than I did anywhere else... but I guess they all got it from the media. circlek has the best coverage.
- I guess Echelon, Carnivore, etc. are all pretty useless ... if the government monitors all communications foreign and abroad, this should make them realize they're fighting a losing battle... I mean, a single loony might slip by, but how do you miss hearing about a coordinated attack this large?
- Bush is probably happy as hell right now... this means he gets to attack somebody! And he will. Even if they don't learn who, we'll attack somebody and put the blame there.
- Evan joked InterNAP was secure as long as the monorail doesn't derail and the Space Needle doesn't fall over. Not so funny anymore. But seriously, the Space Needle is a gimmicky tourist attraction that holds a hundred fanny-pack-weari' sight-seers at a time; I don't think it's in the same ballpark as targets like the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. People on the news need to chill out and worry about the larger problem...
- Larger problem: more bombings, retaliation, war, chemical/biological attacks...