|Summer in review!
||[Sep. 30th, 2001|11:53 pm]
All my fellow U-Dubbers seem to be writing summer in review posts, so here goes mine before it turns midnight and I turn into a
pumpkin homework robot:
The only sad thing (and in retrospect, the most notable event) was Blythe and I breaking up. But she remains a wonderful friend.
- worked on LJ nearly non-stop until the last week or so of summer
- went jet skiing with Chuck and Kenji an uncountable number of times
- traveled a bunch: cross country with Blythe & Whitaker, San Jose, San Francisco, (won some Webby Awards, got interviewed by Sam Donaldson) San Diego ... met a bunch of cool people.
- hung out with Nick and AHS buddies in Portland for 3 weeks or so
- bought a guitar and started learning how to play after my dad started to teach me at home
- started running and doing situps/pushups with regularity ... along with my disdain for cooking and spending time/money eating out, lost a lot of weight and got in shape.
- bought a new bike... went on 48 mile bike ride around lake.
I start classes tomorrow ... Syntax I (Linguistics), Linear Optimization (Math), and German 111. Evan's in the linguistics class I just found out, and Chuck's in my math class... cool. I'm asking for pain taking another language class, one that I don't even need to graduate even (just need any credits now... all my requirements except one writing credit are fulfilled).
6 months (2 quarters) and I'm outta here. Where, though, I don't know.