||[Jan. 4th, 2002|02:37 pm]
events of the day, past, present and future:
that is all.
- lake pretty. flat, calm. i wish i had a rowboat.
- took car in. noticed a walk/don'twalk sign that had a 30 second countdown. never seen that before.
- got coffee.
- caught the 71 bus home .. all the way from downtown to house here. bus routes are all wiggly. i'd prefer transferring between busses often and having all the routes in an efficient tree structure, going between hubs.
- lots o' programming.
- kenji made 4-5 burritos but none for me. no love!
- future: movie tonight?
- future: hamburger tonight. put out meat to thaw. hamburger is a confusing word: you might think the root of it is "ham", and then you're like: but damnit, it's beef, not ham. but really, it comes from "hamburg", the city. but you probably already knew that.
2002-01-04 02:38 pm (UTC)
Every time you transfer busses, you have to wait for the next bus to arrive. I think a tree structure would be slower unless the busses ran more frequently.
2002-01-04 02:53 pm (UTC)
Yeah... and the busses should be bullet trains at the same time, arriving every 15 seconds and holding the doors open for like 12 seconds, until the next one shows up.
2002-01-04 08:20 pm (UTC)
Nonono... we need those tube things, like on Futurama! ;p
Was the countdown one by the bus tunnel? That's right by my work - I see it most everyday, and it freaks me out...in fact, Im about to go walk by it.
Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Brad, or maybe he looks like you...
I am brad if he was a total homo.
Homos make the best friends!
someone should totally jump on this comment
...but I ain't!
OK, back to my kitchen (where I belong)
2002-01-04 07:27 pm (UTC)
30 second countdown
... 30, 29, 28, 27, 26
... Walk briskly ... 25, 24, 23, 22, 21
... Jog ... 20, 19, 18, 17, 16
... Run ... 15, 14, 13, 12, 11
... Run faster, you idiot; the light's gonna change ... 10, 9, 8
... Run like hell!
... 7, 6, 5
... Run as if you had a cheetah in heat behind you
... 4, 3, 2
... OMG, can't you see the
... 1 ... JEEP! ... 0 ... DON'T WALK
It's amazing we still call it "hamburger." I mean, when was the last time you heard a hotdog being called a "frankfurter"? And speaking of that, what's with all your popular fast foods being named after German cities?
*Wonders what a Munichter or Berlinter is*