krow writes : I would like to be the first to welcome our new overlords. Not only have you achieved a majority at last, but you did so in a way that no one can currently determine how you rigged the system. This in itself is an achievement. I just need to get my salary based on the Euro, since I suspect we will bankrupt our economy within the next four years. I would really like to be proven wrong. Somebody wrote (friends-only): Oh and fuck everyone who is out there saying it's no big deal, that the world isn't going to end. War is a pretty damn big deal, death is the end of the world for some people. That's how I view this election. I view it as an attack on everything I believe in, I believe it seriously could bring about WWIII, or at least a string of smaller wars and terrorists attacks. The enviornment getting raped to the point of no return is death. If you have a problem with me thinking this way, I suggest you drop me now. I'm not going to rant on and on about this, but please stop telling me how to act or feel right now. daberna wrote : ... But for now, it turns out that the standard model for American politics holds - the "important" will provide just enough for the "unimportant" so that they'll come along for the ride and not get too mad or dissentful. Capitalism triumphs - fuck you, I'm watching my back. Fascism triumphs - fuck fundamental human rights, unless you have my religious backbone of beliefs you are outcast. You are not guaranteed your right to protection of property - forget about life, liberty, and happiness. The American dream is dead. Apparently all men are not created equal. I am fearful for my rights. I am fearful for my career. I am fearful for my personal safety. ... robflynn wrote : I had a lengthy post here wishing destruction upon various people, but what good will it do? Is anything even worth it anymore? goldfischegirl wrote : What kind of country is this where the most hated man in america is re-elected for a second term? Somebody, also friends-only, wrote: Bush gets re-elected, the senate gains 3 more Republicans, the House gains 3 more Republicans, same sex marriage is banned in 11 states. As bad as I'd feared the election might go, it was far worse than I'd ever predicted. I want to say the only good thing that could possibly come from this is that Bush will do so much damage in the next 4 years that people couldn't possibly elect another Republican in 2008, but the argument just doesn't hold water since he's already destroyed the economy and foreign relations so badly (along with a plethora of other things I won't bother spouting off right now) and was still re-elected. What is America thinking? Is it thinking at all? Is the average American capable of rational, logical thought? 77% of the rest of the world is able to see what a colossal fuck-up Bush has been, why can't the one country with the power to boot him out of office see it?