- mogilefs [svn]
- Hacking level: Med Needs release: MedMajor refactoring and surge of new development in Jun 2006 for speed/robustness/readability. No protocol level changes. Works with any DAV server for storage nodes now too.
- make mogstored have a apache/lighttpd assist mode, where they do HTTP, but mogstored still does per-node monitoring and usage file writing.
- memcached [svn]
- Hacking level: Low Needs release: NoTwo major releases happened on 2006-09-09. See this post.
- win32 merge (easy)
- merge 3 authors/contributors files
- perlbal [svn]
- Hacking level: Low Needs release: NoNothing major to do. Pretty much just works. Only adding new features/optimizations/tricks as needed.
- add splice syscall support
- low-priority queue & async plugin support
- ongoing performance work
- use new Danga::Socket::SSL to give it non-blocking SSL support
- gzip content support (parallel .gz files). partially done.
- djabberd [svn]
- Hacking level: None Needs release: HighPretty much just works, so development has stopped. Needs a release and publicity, opening the floodgates to plugin hacking.
- write an example clustering plugin (Spread?)
- rearrange repo to separate core vs. modules. complicated by dependencies with test suite. null (memory-storage-only) plugins in core for testing?
- brackup [svn]
- Hacking level: None Needs release: LowNever started using it myself. It has a great test suite that includes backing up and restoring, both encrypted and not, but I never implemented the hooks for restoring in the Amazon plugin. I feel guilty about not using it, finishing any usage quirks I find, and releasing it. I'd love somebody to take this over for me if you're excited about it.
- start using
- amazon s3 restore support
- gearman [svn]
- Hacking level: None Needs release: NoUsing it in production, but lacks a website/docs/etc.
- openid [svn]
- Hacking level: None Needs release: NoDavid Recordon at Versign, the JanRain crew, and other members of the identity community are largely steering this boat now.
- catch up on latest changes
- write a credential/token passing extension ("Authorize $FOO to post to your LJ as you?")