Every seat, including economy, has:
- power (regular US jacks, not EmPower)
- Linux-based IFE with:
- music/video on demand
- qwerty keyboard on backside of in-armrest controller (seat-to-seat chat with other passengers)
- save your playlist, it follows you to your next flight
- order food/drinks, optionally pay with credit card, have it delivered to your seat
- Doom and other open source games (they're letting people develop on their platform, too)
- USB jack (charge your ipod, plugin your own mouse/keyboard, etc)
- ethernet jack (wifi also on board)
I guess the whole thing (website, central servers, 3 servers in belly of aircraft, IFE, etc) was designed from the ground-up to integrate together, not careless slapped together later.
Should be fun to fly when they start doing flights.